The Friends of Victoria Park, Stretford are a diverse group of local residents who love our park and meet regularly to plan improvements and community events in the park.
- We work with the council to ensure the park and our community’s best interests are fought for & carried out.
- We stage fun events that bring the community together in the park. We fundraise for these events and ensure they are run safely.
- We raise money to carry out improvements within the park by filling out and submitting funding applications
- We ensure the notice boards and interpretation boards are relevant and up to date.
- We work with local community groups and schools to carry out fun park based projects.
- We order bird feeding products and keep this area maintained.
- We meet monthly to discuss our plans and share what we achieved that month.
- We listen to what the community wants for the park and try and make it happen.
- We create leaflets, posters, press releases, and have a website to promote the park and its events which we update regularly.
- You can give as much or as little time to the group as you want – all help is appreciated.
We are always looking for new members of all ages and backgrounds to join us in making a difference.
Here is our five year management plan (2008-2012).