The Friends of Victoria Park, Stretford are a diverse group of local residents who love our park and meet regularly to plan improvements and community events in the park.
Nullam quis risus eget urna mollis ornare vel eu leo. Maecenas sed diam eget risus varius blandit sit amet non magna. Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Aenean eu leo quam. Pellentesque ornare sem lacinia quam venenatis vestibulum. Vestibulum id ligula porta felis euismod semper. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Donec id elit non mi porta gravida at eget metus.
- We work with the council to ensure the park and our community’s best interests are fought for & carried out.
- We stage fun events that bring the community together in the park. We fundraise for these events and ensure they are run safely.
- We raise money to carry out improvements within the park by filling out and submitting funding applications
- We ensure the notice boards and interpretation boards are relevant and up to date.
- We work with local community groups and schools to carry out fun park based projects.
- We order bird feeding products and keep this area maintained.
- We meet monthly to discuss our plans and share what we achieved that month.
- We listen to what the community wants for the park and try and make it happen.
- We create leaflets, posters, press releases, and have a website to promote the park and its events which we update regularly.
- You can give as much or as little time to the group as you want – all help is appreciated.
- We are always looking for new members of all ages and backgrounds to join us in making a difference.