The Friends of Victoria Park Stretford (FOVPS) first formed in March 2002 as a Constituted Community Group.
On 24th July 2018 we signed our Constitution, and on the 30th August 2018, we gained registered charity status as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) in preparation for running The Tea Room and The Community Building as a social enterprise, with all of the profits staying within the park community.
The objects of the CIO are for the benefit of the inhabitants of Stretford, to provide or assist in the provision of facilities for recreation and other leisure time occupation in the interests of social welfare with the object of improving their conditions of life for the inhabitants of the area of benefit in particular but not exclusively by the preservation, promotion, support, assistance and improvement of Victoria Park, Stretford
- We are registered with The Charity Commission – Charity Number: 1179731. This is our charity certificate
- All of the Board of Trustees are signed up to the Charity Governance Code for Smaller Charities which we believe is essential for ensuring our group is effectively governed.
- We take governance seriously and we are members of The National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) and are working towards Trusted Charity Status.
- We hold full Public Lability and Employer’s Liability, and Trustee Liability Insurance with Markel. Employer’s liability certificate Confirmation of Insurance
- Our Policies and Procedures can be requested by email.
Read our Annual Reports
|OUR MISSION [What we do]||To ensure Victoria Park remains as one of the best community hubs and visitor attractions in Stretford / Trafford.|
|OUR VISION [What we want to be]|
To be a welcoming, vibrant park; the vital green heart of our urban community; offering modern facilities, and yet maintaining elements of its Victorian heritage. To be recognised as an exemplar for our social enterprise activities and ultimately become financially self-sufficient.
|OUR GOALS [What we must achieve]||A well-maintained park for all; A broad, diverse and socially inclusive set of volunteers; An exciting events calendar throughout the year; Partnership working with other groups in Stretford / Trafford and Trafford Council; A well run and accessible community building / café; Harnessing local talent/expertise; An educational resource and signposting facility; To make FOVPS a financially stable organisation generating surpluses and building a reserve.|
|OUR BEHAVIOURS [How we will work]||Integrity; Opportunities and Respect for All; Families and Friendships; Inclusivity; Responsive to community needs; Caring & Supportive; Ethical; & Sustainable|