As part of our Community Outreach, our Community Room is available without charge, to local schools every Friday morning, 9am – 12pm.
Check out our map of the park for an overview of various areas of interest, such as the Wildlife Garden, Bug Hotel, Bird Feeding area, flower beds, bulb planting areas. There is a site specific sundial_educational_pack and various self-guided Tree and Nature Trails as well as tree, bird and wildflower identification boards.
To find out more, and if you are interested in making a booking, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org
- The community room will be able to accommodate a class of around 30 pupils plus teachers and will be set out with chairs and tables.
- A FOVPS Staff member will be on hand to ensure the room is set up and to welcome you to the session.
- You would be responsible for organising and running your sessions.
- We can offer some resources, such as binoculars, nature books, mini-beast observation pots & gardening tools.
- There are a wide variety of specific areas to explore in the park, including the Wildlife Garden, a Bug Hotel, Bird Feeding area and many flower beds including bee-friendly plants.
- We have created a Sundial Education Pack and app-based Tree and Nature Trails. There are also education boards around the park to help identify wild flowers, trees, birds and wild animals.
- There is a Green Gym activity trial and a Rebo ball sport practice wall.
- We have an on-site café, The Tea Room, and fully accessible toilet facilities, including a Changing Places toilet. (Subject to any Covid restrictions.)
- We will ask for feedback and evaluation of the sessions, with an annual teacher survey, and would welcome photographic and verbal feedback. This will enable us to enhance and improve the offer in future.
- Room will be set up as per details given when booking.
- If leaving the room to explore the park, both doors must be locked and keys taken by a responsible adult.
- Any craft activity should be tidied up and rubbish taken off site. Our waste contract does not include rubbish from the community room.
- Refreshments can be purchased from the café, or we can offer a flask of hot water and tea/coffee for £5. Squash and plastic cups for £3.
- If the weather is wet, please remember that the space can only accommodate 30 children at a time.