We felt it was very important for our building to be as inclusive as possible and as such from the outset of planning we planned for a Changing Place toilet. This has been installed by a company called Astor Bannerman – who designed and installed it for us.
Guidelines for the use of the Changing Places Toilet
1. Before using the facility the parents/carers must ensure they understand how to use any equipment – our staff are not trained and cannot really assist you.
2. For health and safety reasons the users sling compatible with the loop system must be used. It is the carer’s responsibility to satisfy themselves regarding compatibility. We do not supply slings for safety reasons.
3. Before use of the Changing bench please ensure that a protective paper sheet is placed on the bench and removed after use.
4. All soiled/disposable material should be placed in the sanitary bins provided.
5. Please take all soiled clothing away and under no circumstances should clothing be washed on the premises, as this will cause contamination.
6. It is the carer’s responsibility to ensure the safety of the user at all times including use of the hoist and under no circumstances should the weight limit of the equipment be exceeded. For the hoist maximum weight is 30 stone and for the changing bench maximum weight is 21 stone.
7. In order to ensure the high quality of this service, it is necessary to report any damage or hygiene issues to the building staff immediately.
8. After using the room please ensure it is left clean and tidy for the next user and remember to lock the room again on your exit.
Please note the hoist is not for independent use